Our parent company, De Armond Management Ltd (DMLtd) has a full-time position open for a new team member. DMLtd is a Victoria-based company which encompasses three distinct divisions, each with their own staff and services.
Division 1, Podium Conference Specialists, plans, organizes and delivers exceptional national and international conferences and association management for a wide range of scientific, academic and research-based clients. Event management stands at the core of this division and from this position we offer clients a continuum of products and services.
Division 2, Conference Manager Software, is an award-winning SaaS registration, abstract submission, and membership application designed specifically to meet the needs of conference organizers. In partnership with our Podium Conference division, Conference Manager simplifies our clients’ event planning and association management by centralizing all key data in one integrated package.
Division 3, CMT Environmental Control, has been in the business of manufacturing high-quality hand-crafted air filters since the mid 1980’s. Our filters are purchased by the wind energy industry and residential service providers across North America and around the world. A green energy product, our filters maximize air quality in both the wind energy towers and personal residences by reducing various allergens, pollutants, and other airborne contaminants that may enter these environments.
Your time will be spent providing a wide range of technical support primarily to the Conference Manager and Podium divisions. For Conference Manager, you will be responding to inquiries, providing online demos, training and supporting clients and staff, and working with our software development partner company to support our existing platform and on our 2.0 release. Regular duties will include responding to client support requests and sales inquiries, training new users, working with developers to identify and repair bugs, providing quality assurance testing, and generating ideas for new features.
In addition, you will provide technical support for our own systems and staff in the office and remotely, including software and technical support and training for workstations, laptops, and printers. For our Podium clients you will be involved in providing technical support and assistance with webinars, online meetings, social media, and the development/production of online content generated from our clients’ conferences.
If you see yourself as someone who thrives in supporting clients and colleagues in mastering their technical environments across a diverse range of activities, this will be your ideal position.
Suitable candidates will have a strong customer service background in a software or technical support environment, including experience in delivering online demos and training sessions. Experience in Windows 10 environments is required. Previous experience with mobile apps, Mac OS, GoToMeeting, Office365, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, and managing email systems and DNS records is an asset.
This is an exciting fast-paced position offering a great deal of variety and exposure to a diverse group of clients and events on a worldwide basis. You must enjoy working with tight deadlines and on multiple projects with finite completion dates. Your previous professional industry experience combined with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, a values-based, customer-service orientation, and a belief that ‘work’ truly can be ‘fun’ will make you a positive addition to our growing team.
- To respond to inquiries and provide demos for Conference Manager, a web-based software application used to support conference organizers and their attendees
- To provide training and support to Conference Manager clients during their use of the application
- To build, strengthen, and manage existing client relationships with a focus on client retention
- To work with the software development partner to maintain and improve the existing Conference Manager software
- To work with the software development partner to oversee and manage the redevelopment of the Conference Manager software (Project 2.0)
- To support colleagues with technical issues related to their work environment and tools
- To support Podium clients with delivering technical support, webinars, and content development
Salary & Benefits:
- De Armond Management Ltd offers a competitive salary and employment benefits package.
Hours of Work:
- Full time, Mon-Fri. This position is available immediately.
- Company President (Marischal De Armond)
- Proven experience in delivering effective and persuasive online product demos and training sessions
- Previous experience in servicing/managing a portfolio of clients
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to re-assess priorities and juggle multiple projects with overlapping deadlines;
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and relationship building skills with the ability to adapt based on a variety of audiences
- Strong computer skills in Windows 10 environments including: Word, Excel, Outlook, web-based admin portals (e.g., Office 365, SharePoint, GoToMeeting, ticketing systems)
- Open to learning and adapting to constantly changing environments
- Previous experience with office and home networking, printers, and fax machines
- Detail oriented and a creative problem solver
- Team player with a strong customer service orientation and values-based attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and on events with finite completion dates
- Professional presence in all aspects of position requirements
Preferred Qualifications: (Non-Essential Assets)
- Previous experience with conferences and online events
- Previous experience with mobile devices and applications for Android and iOS
- Previous experience with Office365, SharePoint, Dynamics CRM
- Previous experience with managing email systems and DNS records
- Previous product sales experience
- Previous experience with software testing and QA
- Previous experience with WordPress platform and general understanding of HTML/CSS
Detailed Position Description
Client & Technical Support
- Respond to client inquiries and requests in a timely fashion
- Connect with potential clients to determine whether Conference Manager is a good fit for their conference(s)
- Provide software demonstrations to potential Conference Manager clients
- Work with Conference Manager clients to provide direction and support in their use of the application to ensure their needs are met and exceeded
- Manage Conference Manager client contracting and retention
- Become an expert user of the Conference Manager system
- Determine the needs and provide full system training to new Conference Manager clients
- Prepare communities within Conference Manager based on specific client needs
- Perform minor design work (e.g., image editing/sizing for community banners)
- Identify and track issues within the software and submit requests for review and/or adjustment
- Test developer adjustments to ensure issues have been corrected and are functioning properly
- Work with a variety of tools and systems (i.e. FogBugz, GoToMeeting, Mailgun, RackSpace) used by Conference Manager to support work with clients
- Assist in the development and/or management of Podium clients’ online events and online web content
- Support work colleagues with solutions for technical challenges with in-house software and hardware, both in the office and with remote environments
- Leading in-house technical training for colleagues and their mastery of technical work systems
- Develop and maintain the Conference Manager client list
- Renew client contracts annually
- Manage the ticketing system for bug fixes and software development
- Maintain corporate contact database
- Service on-line, phone, mail/fax and in person inquiries related to conference communications
- Other duties as assigned.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.